Is this what one calls a meme? Bring it.
1. Baby socks. Especially Trumpette’s. I mean, seriously. Have you seen the ones that have two different patterns on them? The Prophet (baby #2) loves his, that a good friend gave to us- each pair has one with polka dots, one with stripes. A little bit of wryness to an otherwise dreary world.
2. The Westminster Confession of Faith. Have you read any of it- ever? Great, great stuff:This certainty [of salvation] is not a bare conjectural and probable persuasion grounded upon a fallible hope; but an infallible assurance of faith founded upon the divine truth of the promises of salvation, the inward evidence of those graces unto which these promises are made, the testimony of the Spirit of adoption witnessing with our spirits that we are the children of God, which Spirit is the earnest of our inheritance, whereby we are sealed to the day of redemption . Ye-yeah.
3. (And this may seem just a tad incongruous) Roadside shrines. Not so common in these parts, but how great is it to find little pieces of space dedicated to the sacred?
4. The perfect piece of toast. You know, when the bread hasn’t cooled so much that it’s too crispy but still retains some resistance in the face of the melted butter, which douses the bread and absorbs the cinnamon sugar just so…
5. The bumpkiss. You know, when you’re in the middle of a really romantic moment and you both decide to kiss at the same time, and move in too close, too suddenly, causing a traffic jam of lips and tongue and teeth, which makes you both convulse in the best kind of laughter at each other and with each other.
Your turn. What are a few of your favorite things?