Things have been quiet (at least since last week) around the blog for a while, and so Evenshine wanders into the always-humbling exercise of Checking The Blog Stats.
I learned early on in this blogging thing that I could either pay assiduous attention to the Numbers, and agonize over my relative insignificance in the world, wondering about the many visitors (or lack thereof) and the reasons they arrived, or…not.
I chose the latter.
Every now and then, however, I have to wonder what people are looking for when they find me. You know you’ve done it. It sheds surprisingly little light into either your writing ability or your attractiveness as a person/blog. But, like waxing and rubbernecking, we do it anyway.
So, then: the latest installment of What The Huh Were You Searching For, That You Arrived Here, in order of popularity:
1. Victoria Beckham hair short/ Kate Walsh hair: Both of these are near the top in % of searchers. Probably due to this post, where I was in desperate need of a haircut. I can guarantee, however, that you did NOT find what you were looking for. And no, that’s not me in the picture.
2. shamrock/ shamrock pics/ sham ROCK: amazing that such a tiny plantlike thingie could create so much traffic. And what is that last term? Are they looking for a fake rock and roll act, a la Spinal Tap, or a stone that looks real but is not, or is this the title for the new Fraggles’ movie?
3. is it normal to have two periods/ low sex drive/ short periods with Paragard/ Paragard pain/ pregnancy Paragard etc.: Look. I’m not your OB/Gyn. Make an appointment and discuss these things with her/him. I have no idea why you can feel the strings, nor can I shed any light on why Paragard is lowering your sex drive. Really. Stop asking.
4. Latino baby/cute baby pics/ ColombianEcuadorianMexicanPanamanian baby/ mixed baby pics etc. Yes, I’ll own it, shamelessly. I’ve got some cute kids. But seriously: is there some discernable difference in cuteness between a Colombian baby and a Mexican one? Were we shopping??? Add to basket…
5. chicken dough depardieu receipt: I am speechless. I sincerely hope you find whatever it was you were looking for, and that it is in no way related to me or my blog. And I only ate the chicken dough that one time.