For the lovely Fae.
Seven things I’ve never said on my blog:
1. I am an avowed anthroponymist. You may have guessed from this post, or further back, this post. I just think the names people choose for their kids are directly indicative of their relative intelligence. Or their blood alcohol level. Either one.
2. I feel shy when commenting on people’s blogs for the first time, especially if they’re supersmart and insightful. I usually end up in a virtual pool of jelly and my own slobber as I try and craft THEBESTCOMMENTEVER, one that will not only induce the person to come visit my blog, but to add me immediately and henceforth to his/her blogroll. This has like, hardly ever? Happened. Except for YOU. Reading right now.
3. My belly button has this really nice scar on it, from where I attempted (and succeeded) to pierce myself with one of those straight pins you use for hemming clothes. With the colored ball on the end. I KNOW. And I wasn’t even drinking, just adolescent.
4. I have an unreasonable and overwhelming admiration for and attraction towards ceremony of any kind. The more elegant, the better. Tea ceremonies. Kindergarden graduations. Pomp and circumstance. The more intricate and symbolic, the happier I am. This is probably why I’m an Anglican.
5. You know that recipe for “Disappearing Oatmeal Cookies” on the back of the Quaker Quick Oats lid? I have eaten I could eat a whole batch. These cookies are what they will serve on little cloud-shaped plates in heaven.
6. The remotest place I’ve ever been is a place called Poruro, in the mountains of southern Peru. We took an airplane from Lima, then a bus, then a truck, then a motorcycle. And then walked. I remember laughing out loud at how absolutely screwed I would be if I had a heart attack at that moment. Or got kicked in the head by an alpaca.
7. I prefer silver to gold.
OK: the people I would love to hear from but may or may not participate are Antropologa, ck, The Steel Magnolia, Fighting Windmills, Amy, and Lokimomma. Feel free to totally and unapologetically blow me off, ’cause I would if you all weren’t so darn cool.
Happy Friday! Happy long weekend!!!